Summersider Forum Index Summersider
Summerside, Scarborough

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed Neighborhood Street Sale: Sat. June 25
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gloria

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Proposed Neighborhood Street Sale: Sat. June 25 Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing some spring cleaning with a hugh neighborhood street sale. I noticed while walking around last week that parking enforcement is starting to give tickets to cars parked on the street so now would be a great time to clear some junk from the garage for all those who have more than one car. No parking signs will soon be posted on all the streets (confirmed by Mattamy).
If there is enough interest, I would be willing to take responsibility for advertising, posting signs etc. Post your interest here or email me at paris2008@hotmail.com and also tell your neighbors. If you live in the condos, post a notice on the notice board.
lon

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea - we're interested! re: no parking signs... would you happen to know if this is for overnight parking, or for any parking in general? any idea as to when this will take effect?
Gloria

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen tickets given out on Winkler, Deans and Ferguson. I believe that the no parking signs will be no parking at any time. The streets were made narrow specifically for this reason. They did not want people parking cars on the street.
lon

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see... so i guess the decision makers at city hall never have guests over... or they all live in homes with sprawling lots and excessive parking on their properties... must be nice...
Gloria

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post some flyers next week so that people can email to let me know if they are interested in being part of this neighborhood street sale. Ion what street are you on so that I can start mapping out interested parties? I'm on Winkler.
lon

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're on ayers. has there been any other interest in this?
Gloria

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post a notice next week around the neighborhood on the mailboxes and will list my email for anyone who might want to do this. It could be an annual event.
There is this hugh street sale in Hamilton every summer and people actually camp out the night before to set up because the turn out is so big. I know I have a lot of stuff I want to get rid of. I can't imagine no one else in the neighborhood would be interested.
katbean

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I have lots of stuff to sell, but I'm always interested in having a looky loo and perhpas buying.. I think it's a good idea!
Lucie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Katbean. I live in a Condo, so don't really have a garage full of stuff.. but I'd definitely come look Very Happy
Gloria

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the signs made up and will posting them up in the day day or so, preferable a day when its not raining.
Gloria

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I've posted some signs around the neighborhood and we'll have to wait and see if anyone is interested. So far expressed interest on Ayers, Winkler, Ferguson and Pethick. That's a pretty good start. Smile Cheers!
Kent

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm interested too...I have some old winter tires to get rid of...
Gloria

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been able to round up a couple of interested parties and it looks like it might just end up being a 3 to 4 family sale on our driveway which I guess would be find as long as I can get rid of some of the stuff that we have. Kent, you could just bring over whatever you want to sell and I'll sell it for you.
lon

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey gloria, thanks for doing this. we'll probably have enough stuff to fill our own driveway... lots of sports gear... i suppose we'll just send browsers to each others sales!
Gloria

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so now we have interest from Howe as well and some more people emailed me but I don't know what street. I will be posting new signs tomorrow (if it doesn't rain) that there WILL BE a street sale June 25th and a week before the event I'll post big signs at the intersection of StClair/Warden and also at the enterance of Fairfax and Warden. I already posted an ad on Kijiji. Don't worry, people WILL COME!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: