Summersider Forum Index Summersider
Summerside, Scarborough

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uneven floors and cracking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Uneven floors and cracking Reply with quote

Has anyone's floor become uneven? It's like im walking on a warped floor.

Is your unit literally cracking all over the place too?

I feel like im living in a condo made out of crackers lol...

I know buildings settle, but this is beyond what's normal and acceptable. I have never seen new buildings crack this sevearly or homes. This needs to be addressed.

thoughts?
Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Uneven floors and cracking Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
Has anyone's floor become uneven? It's like im walking on a warped floor.

Is your unit literally cracking all over the place too?

I feel like im living in a condo made out of crackers lol...

I know buildings settle, but this is beyond what's normal and acceptable. I have never seen new buildings crack this sevearly or homes. This needs to be addressed.

thoughts?

Hi Nova,

Sadly that is the reality when you live in a building made of wood. Our house moved quite a bit too. They fixed it after one year but I honestly wished they didn't, for two reasons:

1) All they do is take care of the problem and patch it up. You are stuck with sanding and painting. Unless you plan on repainting your whole place, it is very hard to match the paint.

2) Our place is still settling, so it's like they never fixed it. sigh.

Such is life I guess. I have heard some homes are really bad though.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which floor do you live on Nova? We're on the 3rd floor in Building A and our floors are fine. I would say it's one of the few things that was done right and never had issues with.
We do have cracks in some wall corners, but I think that's normal. But uneven floors, I don't think so...
brikaras

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: cracking and uneven floors Reply with quote

I had uneven and cracking floors in my townhouse unit during my first year. Mattamy had to remove the wood floors, fix the subfloor and put new flooring in. If you still have your one year warranty, you should address it with Mattamy.

Thanks Ellen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: