Summersider Forum Index Summersider
Summerside, Scarborough

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

condo PDI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_elk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: condo PDI's Reply with quote

so we did our PDI 2 days ago, everything seemed fine, just a lot of sloppy work by the painters. i'm having them replace all plastic outlet/switch covers, all of our vent grills, and a couple of the light fixtures because they have paint all over them.

other than that i was pretty pleased that there we no serious issues

how was it for everyone else? find any weird stuff we should take a look for?
alison

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post! I have my PDI tomorrow morning, so I will pay special attention to the paint work.
T&A@Summerside

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our initial paint job was horrible. It was generally patchy and streaky all over. Taping up the baseboards, electrical outlets and light switches was clearly not done. In one room, they ran out of paint half way through the fourth wall, so they just rolled around the dry roller a few times and called it a day.

Anyways, I put it all on my PDI and it was fixed by the time we closed.
mons00n

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: condo PDI's Reply with quote

james_elk wrote:
so we did our PDI 2 days ago, everything seemed fine, just a lot of sloppy work by the painters.
how was it for everyone else? find any weird stuff we should take a look for?

Our PDI was on 31st & even we noticed sloppy work by painters. Crying or Very sad There were some patch-work in one room.
& we had some problem shutting the windows & the window latch too.. but that was fixed right-away. Very Happy
other than that we were quite happy with the appartment.
Phil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T&A@Summerside wrote:
Our initial paint job was horrible. It was generally patchy and streaky all over. Taping up the baseboards, electrical outlets and light switches was clearly not done. In one room, they ran out of paint half way through the fourth wall, so they just rolled around the dry roller a few times and called it a day.

Anyways, I put it all on my PDI and it was fixed by the time we closed.

Sadly that seems to be the norm. Our house has been painted 6 times and still looks terrible. When the natural light hits it, oh my.

Plus I just did some sanding, priming and painting after our 1 year repairs and those walls just suck everything in. Sad

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we got unlucky. Besides the bad paint job, the drywall seams are noticeable in 3 places. A couple of our kitchen cabinet doors are scratched, our front door is not straight and there's a major draft coming through. Our A/C duct is shacking and making a lot of noise. Our balcony door is in bad shape too. We'll see how long it takes to have everything fixed Smile

But besides the little things, we do love our place! Our kitchen is gorgeous!
admiranda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

We are moved in now, but our entire suite was re painted! The paint job was horrible and we had green tape EVERYWHERE...we were really dissapointed at the PDI... in fact they didn't tell us they would re paint just that they would fix the spots. We initially had planned not to paint but after seeing the state the unit was in we went out and spend over $200 on paint! When we moved in we noticed the entire place had been re painted...still not to our standards but nevertheless much better. We have been for two weeks and so far it's ok.

Also, they left paint splatters all over our floors, countertops, light fixtures...I am still trying to get it all off! We had some cracked cabinets in the kitchen...a chip in the laminate floor...the balconies were finished horribly...did anyone else experience this? The bathrooms are great!
james_elk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dad is a building inspector / professional nitpicker - he came by last week and basically pointed out a million things on the balcony and inside that weren't up to his standards, lol. stuff like the aluminum siding not being folded properly on the balcony so people could get cut, to the flashing under the windows being installed with an inch gap between the sill and the window (so water could come in), to the shitty paint job, scratches on the hardwood...the list goes on.

i've decided to turn a blind eye to alot of the cosmetic stuff or else i'll be going nuts trying to fix it all...

one question for everyone that has granite counter tops - for some reason when we put something wet on the counter, you can see a wet mark on the granite itself which dries up eventually, its like the counter is absorbing water somehow...its really strange - anyone else have this happen?
alison

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told during my PDI that the granite counters weren't sealed, so to wipe up any spilled liquids immediately.
james_elk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aren't they supposed to be? whats the point of having a kitchen counter that you cant get wet...doesn't even make sense
katbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that's dissapointing..
but it seems to be the norm with new homes- like the Monarch Homes at Danforth & Birchmount also came with Granite and they weren't sealed either.

Just in case anyone is interested my husband is a natural stone refinisher so he can clean and seal your kitchen counter tops for $60- he did the kitchens/bathrooms and floors of a bunch of those homes in the Monarch development and in Mississauga new homes.
Renee&Matt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks... I'm glad we got quartz!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: