Summersider Forum Index Summersider
Summerside, Scarborough

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parking spots
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefka

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: parking spots Reply with quote

hi everyone,

does anyone know anything about the parking spots for the condos building A & B? i know that it includes one parking spot, but can we purchase a second?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!
asia

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The underground parking is to be shared between both condo buildings, the condo towns, and our visitors. From the parking diagram I saw, it looks as though there are just enough parking spaces for 1 per unit with a couple for handicapped parking (plus visitors). Your best bet would probably be to contact your Mattamy rep and see what they have to say, or wait until everyone has moved in and then see whether there are any homeowners without vehicles who would be willing to sell or rent their spot.
Let us know if you find out anything!
nilptr

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asia wrote:
any homeowners without vehicles who would be willing to sell or rent their spot.

As this is a condo unit, I don't think you have the ability to sell your parking space. If you sell it, what does it mean to the next owners that buy the property?
Cherie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know if you can sell your spot, but there is nothing preventing an owner from renting out their spot, so I imagine not every single owner will have a car so some rentals should become available.
stefka

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great,

thanks everyone!
Chris N

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone can sell their parking spot but if someone doesn't need their spot they can rent it out someone else in the building.
As for purchasing a second spot I don't think there are enough spots to do that.
Chris N

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone can sell their parking spot but if someone doesn't need their spot they can rent it out someone else in the building.
As for purchasing a second spot I don't think there are enough spots to do that.
asia

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone finds out if you can sell your parking spot (or not) do let us know.
maximus2326

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Rental spot? Reply with quote

We're moving in to Building B in October (crossing my fingers). By any chance is anyone looking to rent their parking spot. We need two spots.

Thanks
JayandGer

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Parking Reply with quote

We have the same problem. We need one spot!
mons00n

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone have any idea of .. how much the rent might be fr the parking spot ? or maybe it depends on the renter.. Confused
katbean

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would anyone pay 60$ / month to use a parking spot? I have heard someone planning to rent their spot for that much. Ugh.

Can't we approach our local MP's for street parking!?

it's 60bucks to park on the street witha permit for half a year.
maximus2326

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats an idea or could we talk to the people that tend the TTC lot next to the building? Maybe we could work something out with TTC?
sashan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarborough doesn't give street parking permits last time I checked.
reality_check

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Parking Spots Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I’ll be moving to the community soon with my mother in one of the condo buildings. In reading the really useful information on this forum, I couldn’t help but come across a few posts that I thought were a little harsh or great confusion was experienced when there really needn’t be any.

RE: parking spots
- There seems to be great confusion on whether a second parking spot is available for those with a second vehicle. My question to you is didn’t you ask this question when you first decided to purchase a property five minutes away from the subway station?
- Second, if those requiring a second parking spot are unable to rent one, I would kindly and respectfully ask that you NOT park in the visitor parking spaces. The visitor parking area is allocated for visitors – family and friends that visits the residents in the neighbour, specifically in the condo building and the condo villages – not for owners who may need a second parking spot.
- Third, seeing as how TTC have begun in April 2009 to charge all riders for parking fees, including metropass holders who formally could park for free, I don’t think you’ll be very successful in trying to “work something out w/ TTC.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: